Emma and I

Emma and I

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Danskin Tri

So this post is about me...I don't do that many blogworthy things, but this event is blogworthy...I think. A few months ago my friend from nursing school sent out an email to see if anyone would want to do a tri with her. Six of us decided to make 2 relay teams and go for it. I'd like to say I trained hard and long...but I didn't...maybe 2 months. Anyway it was a really cool experience. I did the swimming leg of the race since I swam in HS...remember however that was 15 years ago. These are the girls I raced with. I will miss them when nursing school is over. Anway it was scary and exciting and I'm not sure if I'll ever do it again, but it was a great experience.

Me right after my race...I was thankful I didn't drown!
Just before the swim...so very nervous!







Maggie and I waiting for the fun to start!






9 comments:

Teri said...

Good job, Jen! I am so proud of you. That is just something that I never have been interested in, nor probably ever will. But good job to you! We did miss seeing you on Sunday though.

Shelley said...

good job jen, you are a great swimmer. I might have drowned.

Allyssa said...

wow, that is way awesome! good job! ps. i miss you. and emma. and everyone in the family. and colorado! i'm due for a visit. it is getting deathly hot here and i feel chlostraphobic(sp?)in this oven hot weather.

Aaron and Angela said...

Are you kidding??? This is so blog worthy! It is also awesome and totally impressive. I could never do anything like that. Way to go!

Jen and Emma said...

Thanks everyone!

Megan said...

I am VERY impressed! Sounds like a great way to get motivated to exercise. Maybe I should get some of my nursing school buddies to do it too!

Anna said...

Way to go, Jen!! That's quite the accomplishment :)

Twila and Jon Warner Family said...

Wahoo! You are much more brave than I. I will only do those if there's a nice pool involved.

Anndee said...

Good for you! i'm going to do a tri next summer. JO does them all the time and is tell me I need to. You did it! I'll have to call you for tips :)

My Slideshow