Emma and I

Emma and I

Monday, August 23, 2010

Since my last post...

Wow, how life has played out since my last post. My Emma turned 12! Holy amazing! I remember being 12! She's so much more mature than I was. We had a family bday party to celebrate Emma and Caroline. Caroline turned 7! Later we'll have a friend bday at Jungle Quest at her request. Emma also got to go to TN to see her Dad, then to girls camp. Phew! She had an incredibly busy summer! I missed her a lot. I'm so glad she's home now.
Also as most everyone knows, my sweet sister Emily passed away in July. It's been a tough past month or so. Things like this most definitely strengthen one's faith and has made me really question what I really believe. Knowing about the Plan of Salvation, and relying on the spirit has really helped me.
Anyway, we really have had a really fun summer. I worked a lot, and Emma played a lot! We have a really fun trip to NY planned for this winter, so that's our next exciting thing to look forward to. These pics are out of order, because I'm kinda retarded and can't figure out how to organize the pics to go in order. Whatever. Maybe I need to do them one at a time.


Sweet Emily and her kiddo's Caroline and Ryan. I will miss her so much.
At the funeral. This is a classic pic. My brothers hugging my mama in the background. Thanks Anndee for these pics.
Also at the funeral. We had to sing...that was special.
Emma's first day of 7th grade. She's a pro! She wasn't nervous at all.


Girls Camp. These were her bunk mates.
Katie, Ann, Sara and Emma
Same crew, but with Rhoda, their camp leader. We love her!
Emma gearing up for the ropes course.


Emma and Caroline's combined bday.
Of course she insisted on an icecream cake.
They got all kinds of fun presents!
What a cute cousin picture!
It just wouldn't be Emma without a silly face picture!

5 comments:

Teri said...

I love this catch-up post. Happy Birthday to Emma! On to Young Womens. That is super exciting. We have missed you here in the blogosphere.

Erin said...

Wow, life is crazy. Thanks for the catch up of news both good and sad. And I can't believe Emma is old enough for 7th grade!

Allyssa said...

wish i could have been there for the bday party. looked like a lot of fun... especially with that fun rope swing! i'll be there next week so that should be fun... love you sis, and hope you can sleep better at night.

Anna said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Emma! I hope this next month brings you an added measure of peace. Love ya.

Lara said...

I'm sad we missed Emma and Caroline's birthday! Looks like we missed out on the ice cream cake too! I'm glad you posted pictures from the past month its so fun to see Emma at girls camp!! and btw, you guys sang beautiful at the funeral.

My Slideshow